And things keep on rolling along… now that our Home Study is done and our Profile Book is printed and sent in, we are now hearing about and able to respond to possible matches. We were told last evening of a possible match in Texas. The baby is due in November and the family seems nice from all we’ve read. We’ve decided to move forward with showing our profile to them. We’re optimistically cautious at this point.
Our profile along with several others will now be shown to the family. They will then chose one family to place their child with. After they chose we will be notified if it was us or not.
This Matching Process could go on for many months with multiple families… or they could just chose us this week. It’s such an odd place to be in. I’m so anxious that they won’t pick us and yet I’m so anxious if we are chosen. If they don’t pick us it means more uncertainty: waiting, wondering, and asking where our match will be from. If they do pick us things get real: the good and the bad.
The biggest immediate practical reality for me will be knowing the actual amount we will need to pay to the agency – an amount that we are currently $6000 short of. We’re not worried too much about this – it’s actually incredible that it’s only that much short. God is so faithful! But it will mean a loan.
Bottom Line: We are trusting God with this next step. We’ve chosen to say yes our profile book can be shown yet we’re trusting God with the outcome. Please pray with us that if this TX family is supposed to be our Birth Family, that God will lead them to us. If they are not, that we would be patient. Please pray for peace in any case. I have a lot of peace tonight. I want to keep walking forward with peace. Thank you friends!